Naturally white. The rarest of precious metals. A secure setting for diamonds. For an expression of love that will last a lifetime, platinum is the perfect choice. Choosing a platinum wedding band to suit both bride and groom can be far simpler than finding the perfect engagement ring. It's really just a question of choosing a design and width you’re comfortable with. This guide answers the questions you might have when selecting your platinum wedding bands.
Platinum is pure, naturally white and is kind to the skin.
Platinum is a naturally white metal so it will not cast any of its own colour into a diamond.
Usually 95% pure (by comparison 18 karat gold is 75% pure), platinum never fades or tarnishes but keeps its natural white colour for a lifetime.
- As platinum is so pure, it is naturally hypoallergenic and ideal for those with sensitive skin.
Platinum is rare, a treasure coveted by influential individuals for centuries.
Found in very few places around the world, platinum is 30 times more rare than gold.
- Platinum jewellery is exclusive, a statement of individuality, and desired by those in the know.
Platinum is eternal, with everlasting radiance and durability.
Platinum’s unequalled durability and resistance to wear makes it the most secure and protective metal, which means your jewellery will be protected for a lifetime of wear.
Platinum does not change shape or wear away so precious stones are held firmly and securely.
- The density of platinum makes it more durable than other jewellery metals.
Platinum is versatile, with remarkable qualities that have led to astonishing applications.
- From Fabergé to Cartier, the world’s greatest jewellery designers have always preferred working with platinum. Its remarkable pliability allows it to be drawn out to a fine wire, enabling the creation of intricate platinum mesh accessories which could not be fashioned from other precious metals.
- Platinum is also in demand in other fields, including the automobile industry, most notably in catalytic converters.
© Platinum Guild International www.preciousplatinum.co.uk